So, here's the thing.
My middle name is Morris. I was given, for no well explained reason, my father's mother's maiden name as my middle name. And I think it is pretty cool, now. At the time of my childhood, in the seventies and early 80s (okay, all of the 80s, and significant portions of the 90s), the only well known creature on earth with that name was Morris, the FInicky Cat of Nine Lives Cat Food Commercials.
Now, again, as an adult, I realize i should be LUCKY, to be as cool as He was (the cat actor who played him first, was named Lucky, and lived to a ripe age of 17). He did very well for himself, and if I am half as successful in humaning as he was in Catting, I will call it a win.
And two things about Morris. He was Finicky; only wanted to eat very special food. And he was Orange.
Now? as something like an Adult. And I have Aglaia, who is an orange cat.
Whose appetite is ... suprisingly selective. I mean, she doesn't even want treats! And god forbid i provide her the wrong flavor of food!
What i am seeing now? Those commercials were a warning. I should have expected this.
So it goes. Some lessons come later in life than others.